Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Punching! And Breaking Stuff! And Other Manliness!

So, I'm feeling particularly manly today, and so decided to make a manly post. Mostly about breaking stuff, although, knowing how my brain works, I'm totally going to go on a tangential adventure to the peaks of human consciousness.

That sounds like a mighty quest. Mayhaps that is a post for another day.

Anyways, onto the manliness.

So, my job for the next two months consists of the following components:

1) Breaking a cement porch into massive chunks piece,

2) Lifting said chunks,

3) Throwing said chunks into a pile,

4) Digging a trench,

5) Filling said trench with pea stone,

6) Compacting said pea stone,

7) Laying brick,

8) And building a deck.

Basically, it's two months of uber-manliness. I am the most manly man to ever be a man. I'm going to have massive muscles by the end of the next two months, and they will be greased at all times, simply so I can gaze upon my own rugged, manly stubble whenever I want (due to the reflection). Basically, the only way I could be more manly is if I punched a guy in the face after every scoop of my shovel.

Note to Self: Punch a guy in the face at least once a day.

Sidenote to Self: Hire someone to be punched in the face at least once a day.

It's actually no secret that I've never actually punched someone in the face (wailing at people during sparring matches notwithstanding). It's definitely something I want to do in earnest. Not because I'm particularly violent, but it just seems like something that needs to be done at least once in a man's life.

I figure that breaking stuff and digging holes are probably the most manly things ever. And they are my job. Therefore, my job is being manly.

And that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment